Which corporate companies match donations made to Asha-Jyothi?
You can get your contributions potentially matched by your employer, which have employee contribution match policy. AJ is recognized with the following employers as a non-profit eligible to receive employer matches. If you work for any other employer, you can initiate non-profit recognition process. AJ is glad to provide all the support needed for completing the non-profit recognition. This is how the matching works. If you are an employee of any of the following employers and donate $100 to AJ, your employer contributes a matching amount of $100. AJ will receive a total of $200, which has a bigger impact towards charity causes.
- Bank of America
- BNY Mellon
- EMC Corporation
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- Fidelity Investments
- Northrop Grumman
- Verizon Wireless
- JPMorgan Chase
Can I use the donation receipt I receive from AJ for a tax credit?
AJ is a USA based IRS registered 501(C) (3) non-profit organization, EIN # 02-0658463. You can use the donation receipt received from AJ for a tax credit in USA within the IRS guidelines.
What kind of events or awareness building events does AJ support and encourages partners to organize?
The education and healthcare charitable projects and community organizing events supported by AJ will be governed by AJ's charter to serve the needs of underprivileged Indians or people of Indian origin. Please refer the AJ charter.Specific projects and events that AJ has been involved with so far include:
- Signature drive and fund raising for rail road crossing accident at Guelph, Canada.
- Fund raising for St.Louis accident involving 4 Indian students
- Sponsoring kidney transplant expenses to save a needy patient's life in Hyderabad, AP, India
- Education sponsorship for a child with poor and terminally ill Aids parents.
- Community awareness and fund raising charity runs in several US cities
How can individuals or organizations partner with AJ in organizing an event?
AJ partners with selected organizations and individuals that share a common vision aligned with AJ's mission and core values. Organizations and individuals can sponsor AJ charity and fund raising or community awareness events by contributing your resources, mostly time and money. Event based sponsorships are available wherein the sponsor's name and other details will be advertised depending on the sponsors interest and contributions. Please email us with your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you provide your feedback on a particular program or campaign conducted by AJ?
Please email us any feedback you may have at email@example.com
How do you proceed and what do you need to do if you have a donation campaign or program which you want to sponsor and conduct under AJ? How does AJ support such programs?
If you are interested in sponsoring a specific donation program either fully or partially and need support in executing and organizing for this, partially or fully, AJ "Your Campaign" program is precisely designed to serve your needs.
- Through this program, an organization or an individual or a group of individuals can dedicate their funds to a project or an individual of their choice, thus "adopting" it.
- AJ can be the facilitator bridging these individual contributors and the person in need.
- Organizations, Corporations and Individuals can choose a project in an area, which aligns with their mission or charter and designate it as the beneficiary of their donation. The whole project or a portion of it can be funded.
- AJ can provide a platform where you can donate specifically for education or medical needs and we manage the funds in a transparent way, so that donors can see how their funds are being effectively utilized.
- Simply contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your proposal. AJ leadership team will review the proposal to ensure that it is within the scope of AJ's mission and once approved will provide the necessary frame work required to support your campaign.
How can you subscribe to AJ newsletter?
Please click on newsletter and enter your email address to subscribe to the AJ electronic newsletter.
What are the basic expectations from a volunteer?
Asha-Jyothi's mission is guided by its core values of strength, commitment, collaboration and integrity.
- Strength -- What we can accomplish as a group is much greater than what can be accomplished individually.
- Commitment -- A sense of commitment to give back to the community.
- Collaboration -- We believe in promoting the core values of the organization through collaboration, above and beyond cultural boundaries.
- Integrity -- All AJ activities and operations will be conducted with professional integrity and will be transparent for all members, partners and outside organizations.
How can you provide my volunteer services to AJ?
See above section Question # 1on How do I register to AJ site to be a donor/volunteer.
Does AJ support only underprivileged in India? Which part of India does AJ support?
Asha-Jyothi (AJ) is a volunteer based non-profit organization dedicated to serving the needs of underprivileged Indians or people of Indian origin by providing access to education and healthcare. AJ's services are not restricted to any one part or region of India.